Friday 14 January 2011

They are all doing it on purpose!

Today was a normal day at work and everything was quiet.
(Very rare phenomenon!). I was mainly in the office dealing with emails (deja-voodoo!) and yes, if you're asking I replied to more than 30 emails today!!!

So, as work was ok, I will take this luxurious opportunity to rant about...
EVERYTHING ELSE
Story No: 1 - The Laundry Idiot.
Quite like the village idiot, but with the purpose of making me a nervous wreck.
My sister is coming next Sunday and for a whole week, (I adore my sister, but I could write a whole blog just for her) and this means spring-cleaning, redecorating, re-upholstering, renovating and if possible removing my whole flat.
She is (or thinks she is) like Madame Pompadour. She hates my area (it is to be truthful a bit dodgy) and she is very judgmental of the way I live, act etc. and most of all how clean is my house (it's fecking spotless!), why I don't have enough heat, why the curtains are hung like this and so many more.
So for at least one month I am cleaning, refreshing, spraying, fixing every nook and cranny in the house.  I bought two new heaters so she won't be cold and she won't make my life difficult with her insulting comments.  I washed all the bedlinen and because I have no time to iron (also I hate it) on Monday I took them round the corner to be ironed, they really do a splendid job.
Here is the scenery:
- Hello I have these bedlinen which need ironing. Could you please deliver them on Wednesday or Thursday when I start work late?  I took out my schedule and showed it to him, so we decided which day was the best to deliver them. We discussed it for about 10 minutes, honestly!
- No problem, please give me your details.
- These are my details... 
I watched the guy writing down my details and I nearly choked when I saw the way he wrote my number. He was putting a hyphen - every three numbers and the whole number didn't fit the line and he had to go underneath. I started worrying a bit so I repeated:
- Please make sure they are delivered Wednesday or Thursday. Give me a call first so I know.
- No problem.
I sure hoped there wouldn't be one and I left.

Yesterday passed...nothing.  I couldn't stop by because I would miss my train.
Today I was waiting for them for the whole morning.  Idiot as I am myself, I didn't have their phone number (big mistake,never again)
So I went to see them on my way to the train. I left plenty of time so that I could catch my train, it was 10:10 and my train was leaving at 10:30.  And lo and behold, what was sitting next to the door, neatly ironed and packed? Yes, you guessed it, my laundry!!!

I said to myself to be calm and not punch the guy who was ready to go out and have a fag, and I asked why my laundry hadn't been delivered as promised.
He started rummaging through his papers and at the end he had the nerve to tell me: 
- Did we arrange delivery?
- No, I just wanted to show you my busy schedule, just for kicks.

Story 2: The Laundry Gossiper
At that precious moment, a lady comes out and understands what has happened and she was very embarrassed, I thought that she would smack the guy on the head.
The problem was that tomorrow I have to leave the house at 7:45 to get to work at 9 am.
So the only time the laundry can be delivered is before 7:45, which looked like a problem to her as the store opens at 8 am. I literally live around the corner from their store, they can come, drop the things off and go to open the store (and if I'm cheeky maybe also give me a lift?)
However, this looked like a mission impossible to her.  She picks up her phone and calls a man called Ray and while she was talking to him about me, she started arguing with him about someone coming to her place the previous night, and 'no, I was alone, no-one came' and this went on for about 5 minutes.  The time was now 10:25 and I was ready to explode!  I was pretty sure that I was going to miss my train.  Talk about customer service!  
In the meantime, the Laundry Idiot had gone out for a fag!  He had done the dirty deed and he didn't give a fuck about me, the store, the whole damn world!!!

Finally, it was arranged for tomorrow morning. By the time she hung up and took my details again (she had a look at the Idiot's scribbling and her eyes popped out of their sockets) it was 10:32 and I had missed my train. Which concluded in me getting a taxi from the station to go to work. Which concluded in me paying through the nose for travel I get for free with my weekly travelcard, because of the incompetency of the Laundry Arseholes.
Will tweet if my laundry comes or not tomorrow....

Story 3: The Three Guests.
I am having guests tomorrow. OH,YES I AM!
I knew that my nephew, who studies here was coming from Friday.  I like him a lot and we have lots of fun when we are together but today he had a nasty surprise for me.
He sent me a message to call him about a request for the weekend. 
O-oh, I thought, this can never be good.

So I dialed his number with shaky hands and the request was that he wants to bring along two friends (girls) whom I've never met, seen before in my life, and apparently for one of them neither has he.
Now, I am a softy and cannot say no, but that meant:
  • Prepare two bedrooms  and three beds with my (yet to be delivered) clean and fresh-smelling laundry
  • Sleep on the sofa, as the two girls will be sleeping in my double bed and I had not to disturb them when I leave the house for work the next morning.
  • Buy snacks and drinks, as I want to be the hostess with the mostest and be nice to the girls.
  • Sleep late tomorrow as they would probably want to watch DVD's until dawn and the player is in the living room.
  • My nephew sort-of dictated to me that I should have my clothes for the next day ready, as I shouldn't go in MY room, where they will be sleeping, to get ready for work
  • Most importantly, would have to clean and air the house once more before my sister comes on Sunday, as the girls, the nephew (and probably myself) are all smokers and my sister isn't and she complains constantly about the smell....
So tomorrow I will wake up at 6:30 and prepare the two bedrooms, wait for the blasted laundry, go to work, deal with the issues there, meet the little fockers, probably cook something for them, or order and pay for pizzas or chinese (nephew told me they can't afford anything - and I can?) and entertain until the wee hours of the morning.
Saturday wake up, put the house and myself on mute (toilet flush seems a bit of a problem because when it flushes the whole neighbourhood can hear it), get ready, go to work, deal with more issues, come back, clean, cook, clean more, air the house, spray house deodorant and probably empty a whole bottle of my precious diptyque house fragrance, and after all that, collapse!!!

My relatives, co-workers and the whole damn Universe don't want me to relax. For some reason they are doing it on purpose!

I apologise for the very long post, but it feels so incredible just to write all this down and get it off my chest and to my blog.

Rest assured, with such an adventurous forth-night, there will be plenty to RANT about!

No comments:

Post a Comment